Tuesday, April 12, 2011

As Easy As ABC

I never really thought raising rabbits could be so much fun... And not tough at all... Its also as easy as ABC...

It was only last year that i bought my first pair of rabbit... They were just newly weaned when they were delivered to me... I gave them brocolli everyday (no pellets yet) and brought them to a vacant lot nearby where grasses are... They would stay there the whole day and i would checked on them from time to time... Looking after whether they still have water and food, and caged them during night time...

Six months after, i let them run loosely at my backyard where i lost the black one... I felt very sorry for Robbie for loosing his mate, and for him not to get disheartened, i got two female rabbits (no, not at the same time and with different sources too) to keep him company....

Ayan na, they hopped freely on my backward til Yuka gave birth... But the kits died in just a couple of hours, maybe because they were just simply on the ground... Same thing happened to Yay when she first gave birth too... Though i must admit that it was all my fault for not looking after them closely at the crucial days of their lives... I thought giving them the freedom to run and hopped freely on a wider space is enough.. I do not even know whether they were pregnant and needing special attention... Kawawa talaga!! Kaya naman recently, i posted an ad on here selling them on a bargain price na... Imagine selling them at P500 each na lang??? tapos wala pang takers even if i say that they seem to be pregnant... Although there were some who called and texted din naman, kya lang they want to meet up which i dont agree too...

With Yay's having kits now... suddenly changed my mind of not selling them... Ay madali naman pala sila alagaan kung aalagaan talaga!!! Ang nakakatuwa pa nyan, with the hutch placed in the facade, maraming bata ang natutuwa sa mga rabbits... And my neighbors wanted to buy the kits... ganun lang pala yun e!!! sa ngayon, i am truly enjoying helping yay with her kits... Ambait kasi nya. Love nya yun mga babies nya kaya love ko din sya...

No comments:

Post a Comment